9.16.2011

One Letter

My Chemistry teacher asked us to write a letter to ourselves, to be sent a decade later. I was a junior taking what I'd hoped would be the final science class of my lifetime. I'd had the same group of friends for years, and the same crush for longer. Though the materials in the books didn't stay with me past my first year in college, that letter did - and for years, I thought about what I'd written and what exactly I'd remember.

Ten years later, the letter was only a faint memory. Until my parents reminded me of some boy, some long-lost friends and some big dreams. The friends are still relatively the same, the boy is only a faint memory and the dreams came true. Isn't it funny how things work?





{images from M.Dot design studio & Long Beach Antique Fair}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! (Only kind please, anonymous)

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails