11.18.2011

Pink Ladies



A year ago today, a friend and I walked 60 miles in 3 days. We aren't crazy, we were supporting a cause.

The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure is an amazing event, and I can't believe it's already been a year since we traipsed through the rain, slushing our sixth pair of socks together to make it to the finish line in Petco Park. After all of our hard work {weekend hikes, workouts and shopping for pink} it all went by too quickly. I can still remember the informational session we had at a public library...the moment we decided we were in, my heart couldn't stop pounding. In the end, it was all worth it. 

So here's to everyone that is participating in the 2012 San Diego 3 Day, and everyone who has helped the cause - Susan G. Komen is an amazing organization, and I'm so happy to call myself one of the thousands who have walked 60 miles in support of breast cancer research

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! (Only kind please, anonymous)

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails