6.03.2009

keep it 'real'

Are you reality television obsessed just as much as you are organically? Just as much as I love watching all my reality shows on basic cable, one recently inspired me to post again. As Bravo gears up to hand over their most popular show to Lifetime (duh! Project Runway!) they have been running reruns and I recalled last season's winner, Leanne Marshall, making a conscious effort to keep things green. While her label is still in development, just as much as Lauren Conrad's failed clothing line, Mary Kate and Ashley's Elizabeth James and other former contestant and winner Christian Siriano have earned clout for their time on the boob-tube, so will Leanne. The difference is that while not only is Marshall's look high-end, her material are organic. From her website, her Spring 2009 Haphazard Origami inspired line takes excess scrap materials, refolds them and mixes them with sustainable fibers along with traditional and recycled textiles to create another inspiring mix of colors and designs. Though she still only has a few pieces offered in stores (Foundation Garments and Seaplane, both in Portland, Oregon) along with her website, I for one will be the first in line when her new pieces become available through BlueFly - and hopefully some 

main department stores across the country! Just as much as I am retail-aholic, I'm a reality one, and I know that even those football playing fraternity boys will recognize a Project Runway name, especially when recycled materials are used to show off my figure!  

1 comment:

  1. I love Leanne and can't wait for her clothes to show up in stores!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words! (Only kind please, anonymous)

Pin It

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails